Dear Elementary Families:
Our elementary preK-5 will have the option to wear their Halloween costume to school on Thursday, October 28, 2021. We will have an elementary parade through our high school and to our downtown area businesses. Please NO WEAPONS of any form. We discourage face paint as it tends to get very uncomfortable and messy for children to wear the entire day without proper removal. Storybook characters are encouraged! We would love to see your homemade creative costumes! Please note that children may bring a change of clothes and will have time to change either before or during lunch break.
Classroom parties are parent sponsored and for most grade levels, will be held in the lunchroom. Please check with the homeroom teacher for student count and the scheduled time. We encourage our parties to have a great balance of healthy options. Thank you for signing up for class parties, our students LOVE this parent sponsored event! Our next party will be for Christmas on December 16,2021. Your child’s homeroom teacher will send information the beginning of December.
If you haven’t already, contact a PTO member for additional events and school assistance information. They have been very helpful and recently helped sponsor our students’ pumpkin patch trip and pumpkins!
Our Elementary STUCO have been teaching the meaning of and looking for students that display PURPLE CRUSH characteristics. On October 21, 2021 we recognized our first members of THE PURPLE CRUSH TEAM!
Be sure to download our Cedar Vale School App and keep up-to-date with our website cvs285.net
- October 28 - Costume Day, Halloween Walking Parade 8:15am and Elementary First Quarter Award/Recognition following the Parade. Class Parties at the end of the day per teacher
- October 28 - Picture RETAKES
- October 28 – Flu Shot Forms Due
- November 2 – Election Day
- November 3 – Flu Shot (prior form needed)
- November 8 – Cedar Vale Schools’ OPEN HOUSE 4pm -6pm: Elementary Sing @5:45pm Gym
- November 8-11 - Book Fair Week-we can’t wait to see your ‘Grands’ …the people that mean the most to our students! Be sure to return your sign-up form
- November 22-23 – Dental Follow up
- November 24-25 Thanksgiving Break
- December 6 - Christmas Concert prek-12
- December 16 - End of second semester, elementary Christmas events and party
- January 3 – Second Semester Begins
Mrs. Burdette, Principal